First, what you'll need:
- Mac desktop or laptop with an Intel processor
- VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 operating system disk
- Golden Eagle or ChartCase Professional, and your account information
- USB or Bluetooth GPS receiver (optional)
- USB or Bluetooth XM/WX weather receiver (optional)
- Download and install VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop on your Mac.
- You can download a free trial of VMware Fusion 3 for 30 days from VMware's website or you can download a free trial of Parallels Desktop 6 for 14 days from Parallels' website.
- Detailed instructions on how to install either VMware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 6 are available if you need more help getting either application installed.
- Again, both VMware Fusion 3 and Parallels Desktop 6 have detailed instructions on how to setup and install a Windows virtual machine.
UPDATE: You can also use VirtualBox to create a Windows virtual machine. VirtualBox is a free open-source virtualization program. -- Thanks for the tip Ruhil!